Welcome to Hello-Hello.com (“Site”), which is owned and operated by Hello-Hello, LLC.
Hello-Hello.com’s service and network (collectively, the “Service”) are provided and managed by Hello-Hello, LLC, and its corporate affiliates (collectively, “we”, “us”, “Hello-Hello” or the “Company”). This policy is designed to help you understand how we collect and use the personal information that you decide to share, and help you make informed decisions when using our Site and its directly associated domains.
1. Information Collected
You can post information, text, files, links, attachments, software or other materials (collectively “User Content”) on the Site. When you register on our Site, use our services and/or post User Content on our Site, you provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected by us and website use information collected by us as you interact with our Site.
Your personal information includes but is not limited to your name, your email address, languages you speak, languages you are learning, your gender, and other personal or preference information that you provide to us.
When you use the Site, you may among other activities: set up your personal profile, form relationships, interact with other members through chat, e-mails and other forms of communication, perform searches and queries, join groups, enroll in events and courses, perform activities related to the courses and transmit information through various channels. We collect this information and may use it to provide you the Service, offer personalized features, contact you, perform research, improve our Site, etc. When you enter and use the Site we may also collect your browser type and IP address. In addition, certain information may be stored using “cookies” which is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. You can configure your browser to accept or reject cookies or to notify you when a cookie is set. The help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to perform those configurations.
In most cases, we retain information so that, for instance, we can facilitate the use of our Site such as returning to view prior messages you have sent or easily see your friend list. When you update information, we usually keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that information.
You can choose not to provide information to us, but, in general, some information about you is required in order for you to register and participate in the features offered through the Site. One of the main reasons why we collect this automatic information is to help improve your user experience.
When you use our invitation service to tell a friend about our Site, we will ask you for your friend's email address and maybe other relevant information about him/her. We store this information so we can, for instance, send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit the Site and may send invitations or reminders more than once. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us that they would like to opt out of future emails.
When you post User Content on the Site it may include personally identifiable information about you that can be collected and used by others. Therefore, if you post personal information online you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. You post User Content on the Site at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that User Content you post on the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your User Content.
The Site may also collect information about you from other sources, such as newspapers, blogs, instant messaging services, and other users of the Site or the Service in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalized experience.
Please note that you can obtain a copy of your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com. You can access and update your information through your profile or applicable page on the Site. You have the option to delete your account through applicable deletion page; however, please note that some personal information, primarily your contact information, may remain in our records to the extent necessary to protect our legal interests or document compliance with regulatory requirements.
2. Information Relating to Children
The Site is not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register on the Site or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible and may contact that child directly to inform that our Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
3. Use, Sharing and Disclosing of Information:
When you register and use the Site, you share information with us and our affiliated entities. For instance, your profile information, as well as your name, email, photo, languages your speak, languages you are learning, your location among other information are displayed to other people to enable you to connect with them on the Site as well as to enable them to connect with you. Your information may also be available in search results across the Site and pieces of information may be made available to third party search engines. This is primarily so your friends can find you and send a friend request.
You may stop services or the delivery of email communications by following the instructions accompanying a particular communication or by contacting us at support@Hello-Hello.com site.
We may also use information in your profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties so that you can receive information, promotions and advertisement that might interest you. We may use information about you that we collect from other sources, including but not limited to newspapers and Internet sources such as blogs, instant messaging services. We believe this benefits you since you can know more about the world around you and, where there are advertisements, they're more likely to be interesting to you.
We may share your information:
- With service providers and third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including customer service, business analytics, marketing, and services to us in connection with operating the Site to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to host the service at a co-location facility for servers, to send out email updates, to remove repetitive information from our user lists, to process payments for products or services, or to provide search results or links (including sponsored links). In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your personal information for use in connection with these business activities.
- With business partners with whom we may jointly offer a product or service offering. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we do our best to implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the Site’s specified purposes.
- As necessary, in our sole discretion, to protect the perceived rights, safety and property of users of the Site, and the public
- In connection with a change of control or operations, including without limitation in any merger, acquisition, reorganization, restructuring or any other transfer of Hello-Hello.com site assets, or a transfer of the Site operations. In such transactions, personally identifiable information you have shared with us is generally one of the business assets that will be transferred.
- We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to the Site. This information does not contain any personal information and is most often used to develop content and services that we hope you find of interest.
Please note that when you provide us with personal information through the Site, the information will be housed on servers located in the United States.
4. International Users
5. Suggested Language Partners
The Site suggests friends for you to connect with one another and help each other during the learning process. These friends suggestions are displayed on your profile page and you have the option to add them to your network of friends. You choose to interact with those individuals at your own risk; we do not take responsibility for the content or effects of these interactions.
6. Links to other Web Sites
7. Third Party Advertising
We try its best to have appropriate security procedures to protect your information. However, no data transmission over the Internet can have guaranteed security. Therefore we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
10. Contacting Us