HelpBack to Help Index
3 HOME PAGE
- The HOME PAGE is divided in 3 main parts: You can access each of those pages by clicking on the main tab HOME
- - Profile
- - Friends
- - Messages
- 3.1 Profile
- Your profile is the place where you can
- - see and change information about yourself
- - manage your account settings
- - change your status for chat (Online, Busy, Offline)
- - see a list of your friends and suggested friends
- - have quick access to your questions and exercises submissions
- - check your courses progress
- - get alerts (Friends request, submissions to review and reviewed submissions)
- 3.1.1 Information about yourself
- - Picture
- - Country of origin
- - Languages you are learning
- - Languages you speak
- - What are you doing now?
- - Personal: Gender, Birthday, Relationship Status, I am learning a new language for, Interests/Hobbies, About me, Profile picture
- - Professional: Educational - school, degree, year / Professional: Employer, position, description, time period
- You can display the following information about yourself on your profile:
To change any information on the profile, just click on Edit Profile (which is right below your profile picture) and go to the appropriate tab (Details, Personal, Professional and Course)
To change "What are you doing now?" Just click on the box, write and press "Update"
Display/Hide information on your profile: All information that you fill in the Personal and Professional tabs will be displayed automatically in your profile. If you wish to hide any information in your profile you must leave the field in blank or click "Select" in the drop-down button and it will hide your information.
So just go to "Edit Profile" - "Personal" or "Professional" tab and click "Select" on the drop-down button next to each field or just leave the field blank.
- 3.1.2 Account settings
- Name: First and Last name
- Default Language for translation: This will determine the language in which you will see the translation of: lessons, word list, instructions of exercises
- I Speak: Languages you speak and levels (Native, Advanced, Intermediate and Beginner)
- I am learning: Languages you are learning and levels. By clicking on Add Languages you will be enrolled on our course and Remove language you will quit the course
- I am from: Country where you were born
- I am living: Country, city and state you are living
- Password: you password to login to the site
To change information about your account just go to "Edit Profile" - "Details"
- On the "Details" tab you will be able to change the following information:
- 3.1.3 Status for chat
- Online: means you are available and your friends can invite you to chat with them
- Busy: You friends can still invite you to chat with them but they will know you might not respond because you are busy
- Offline: Means you are not available and your friends will not be able to chat with you
- You can have the following terms for your chat status
Every time you log in to the Hello-Hello site your status will be shown as Online and when you logout your status will be Offline. Once you are logged in to the site you can change your status to Online, Busy and Offline at anytime. Just click on "My Status" drop down located next to your picture at the top of the page and choose your status.
- 3.1.4 List of your friends and suggested friends
A list of your friends and suggested friends will always be displayed on your profile. You can click on their name to go to their profile page. For more information about friends and suggested friends see topic: Friends
- 3.1.5 Questions and exercises submissions
On the right had corner of your profile page you can have quick access to your exercises and questions that you submitted to your friends for review. The links will take you to the TEACH section where you will be able to see comments about your exercises and questions.
- 3.1.6 Course Progress
The "Course Progress" box located on the left corner below "My Course" box displays how far you are on each course you are enrolled. It displays the percentage of the course you have completed so far.
- 3.1.7 Alerts
- Friends Requests you have pending
- Friends´ Submissions: new submissions your friends sent to you for review
- Feedbacks Received: new feedbacks friends gave on your exercises
- The "Alerts" box displays the number of:
- 3.2 Friends
There are 2 types of lists you will see on Hello-Hello: Friends and Suggested friends
- 3.2.1 Your Friends
These are members you have added as a friend. On the friends´ page you will see a list of all your friends. The page will display 10 names at a time and you can click "next" to see more names.
- 126.96.36.199 Invite friends to Hello-Hello
You can invite any friend to join Hello-Hello. Just click on the "Invite friends to Hello-Hello" at the top hand corner. Put your friends e-mails and we will send a standard e-mail invitation to them. You can add a personalized message to the invitation by typing the text on the "Message".
Please note that by default all invitations will be sent in the language chosen as the Default language for translation
- 188.8.131.52 Add friends from Hello-Hello
- To add Hello-Hello members as friends you have 2 options:
- - Select members from the list of Suggested friends and click "Add Friend" or
- - Search for the member name and click on "Add friend"
Please note that a friendship request will be sent to the member and they will become your friends and show on your friends list only after they accept the request.
- 184.108.40.206 Organize your friends
You can organize your friends by lists. By default the Hello-Hello site creates one list for each language you are learning.
To add friends to a specific list select the friend and click on the "Add to list" drop-down button to select the list.
- 220.127.116.11 Communicate with your friends
- You can communicate with your friend in the following ways:
- - Chat:
- - Message: Send/receive messages from your friends on the Messages page
- - Exercises feedback: Another form of communicating with your friends is by giving them feedback on their exercises submissions (Written and Oral) and answering their questions. Please go to TEACH section for more information on how to help your friends learning your language.
- 18.104.22.168 Invite friends to Hello-Hello
- 3.2.2 Suggested friends
Hello-Hello members that we suggest you add as friends are based on the language you are learning and the languages they speak. This way, you can make friends that speak the language you are learning and can help you during the learning process.
On the suggested friends page you will see a list of all members we suggest you become friends with. The page will display 10 names at a time and you can click "next" to see more names.
To add a suggested member as a friend click on the box next to their picture to select and click "Add friend". We will send them a friendship request. Please note that the member will need to accept your friendship request before they become your friend on the site.
- 3.2.1 Your Friends
- 3.3 Messages
You can send and receive messages from your friends on Hello-Hello. On the messages page you will be able to access:
- - Compose message: click on the "To" box, type the name of your friend and select form the list.
- - Inbox
- - Sent Messages
- - Drafts
Every time you have a new message on your "Inbo"" you will see a number by the "Messages" tab that indicates the numbers of new messages you received.
Please note that our messages are for you to communicate with Hello-Hello members only.